I am often approached for homeschooling advice. As much as I love helping, it takes quite some time to sincerely and thoroughly discuss an issue. I want to make sure that I give you advice that is in depth and personalized. I am always available to help you plan your child's education if you are a CLP family. If you would like advice and are not a CLP family, I am available for an hourly fee. I homeschooled both of my daughters and my eldest graduated from Cal State Long Beach on a full ride academic scholarship. We mutually decided that school was the best fit for her in 6th grade and she went to a fully funded NPS (non public school) on an IEP. My younger daughter was homeschooled from K - 12th grade and she just graduated from UCLA.
I have been a teaching artist since 1989 and I specialize in the art of storytelling. I have taught in numerous schools and universities for both children and adults. I also teach teachers how to bring curriculum to life through the art of storytelling. I am a published author and an award winning recording artist. In 2016 I went on my first international storytelling tour to China, Hong Kong and SouthKorea where I performed and taught at international schools. In 2018 I completed my second international tour in Peru where I performed and taught in 17 different schools.
I can help you with the following based on my experience:
- How to design a homeschool program that works for your family.
- Is homeschooling right for you, how can you make it work?
- What to do when you feel you are not doing enough.
- How to take advantage of this city and all it has to offer.
- What to say to family and friends who think you are crazy for homeschooling.
- How to homeschool high school and have your child be prepared to enter a four year university directly from homeschooling and be accepted.
- How to apply to community college when your homeschooler is in high school.
- How to put together the homeschool document for the common application for college.
- How to balance homeschooling with work and family.
Please email me at:
Karen@karengolden.com if you need my assistance.